Rules, Guidelines and Restrictions

FirstEnergy takes the maintenance of its transmission rights-of-way for high-voltage lines seriously. There are numerous restrictions necessary to keep builders and contractors safe and to keep FirstEnergy systems reliable. For these restrictions, please click the links below or visit the Safety section of this site.

Return to Top

Online Form for New Construction or Service Upgrade

If you are establishing new electric service because of construction, upgrading your existing service, or need temporary service complete and submit the Establish or Upgrade Service form.

Return to Top

Removal of Electric Facilities

Requests for removal of electric facilities, including meters, wires, lines, etc., can be made through our Contact Us form. The request must be made in writing by authorized personnel (owner, POA, City - provides ownership paperwork).

When submitting the form, select "Customer Service" under topic and include the following information:

  • Service Address
  • Requestor's Name
  • Contact Phone
  • Equipment to be Removed

Return to Top

Search Online for Electric Inspection Permits

Use our online electric inspection permit search tool to check the status of your electrical permit.  For a list of electrical inspectors, please contact your municipal or county authority.

Return to Top

Customer Guides for Electric Service

Manuals to assist customers and their architects, engineers and contractors plan for and obtaining prompt electric service are available by operating company below:

Return to Top

JCP&L Recommendations for New Construction or Rebuilding in a Designated Flood Zone

Review JCP&L's guidelines for rebuilding or new construction in a designated flood zone.  Includes clearance and access issues, meter placement and meter connections. 

Return to Top

Discontinue Electric Service

To turn off electric service to your service address, please submit your request online.

Return to Top

Last Modified: March 9, 2020